Sunday, December 06, 2015

Basketball

One afternoon in October, Savannah called and left a message on my cell phone.  She said basketball tryouts were that afternoon, and she wanted to try out.  She needed me to bring her some exercise clothes, sign the permission slip, and pay the athletic fee that day.  I was pretty surprised, because she hadn't talked at all about being interested in playing basketball.  But, being a basketball player myself, I was really excited for her, and made the trip to the middle school that afternoon so she could try out.  And guess what?  She made it!  She made 8th grade B team with two other girls from our neighborhood who she's been friends with for a long time.  I was so happy for her!  She has had practice every day after school, and 2 or 3 games a week, so it's been crazy busy, but it's been lots of fun.  Here she is right before her first game. 



No comments: