Monday, September 21, 2015

Scott's Birthday

Scott turned 39 on September 15th. He had been out of town till the night before, so I hadn't had time to do any shopping. He needed some new brown dress shoes, so that was what I planned on getting him. And since I didn't have time to shop, I decided to just take him shopping and let him pick out the shoes and try them on.  So, I didn't have any presents for him to open on his birthday, which was a major disappointment. We did make it out to lunch together, but then he had to rush off to work for meetings, so we didn't have time to shoe shop. It also was a school day and a softball practice night.  So we didn't get to eat dinner till he and the older three kids got home from softball at 9:00.  We had taco soup because it was something I could make in the crock pot and keep warm till everyone was home and we could eat.  Not exactly a gourmet birthday dinner.

Aaron trying the soup, and giving it a sideways thumb rating.  


I didn't even make him a cake.  We used a pie we had bought at the carnival on Saturday.  It was delicious (better than any cake I could have made).  But I can't say that I came away feeling like I'd given Scott a very stellar birthday. 


Instead of putting 39 candles in the pie, I used a 3 and turned a 6 upside down and strapped a candle to it.  To make up for only having two candles to blow out, I used a relight candle.  The little kids thought that was fun.  Sorry Scott for such a lame 39th birthday.  I promise to make up for it when you turn 40!



No comments: