Friday, August 16, 2013

Savannah on Vacation

It was during the week of vacation that I was struck at just how grown up and gorgeous my oldest daughter has become.  I took lots of pictures, and every night I'd transfer them from my camera to our laptop.  And every night I'd marvel at how pretty Savannah is.  She is such a wonderful girl.  She's so confident in who she is and doesn't worry too much about trying to be what others would want her to be.  This was my favorite picture of Savannah from the week.  It's a picture of my oldest and my youngest lounging on the couch, looking so cute and beautiful.  It just made me realize how fast Savannah went from a baby to the girl that she is now, and scares me that Kate will grow up just as fast.
But, just because she's getting to be a young woman, she still had no problem with getting down in the creek with her brother and helping to catch snakes and frogs.



She also really enjoyed fishing, and spent hours down at the pond hoping to catch something.  Finally she caught a fish.  She was overjoyed.





Watching her dad unhook her fish and let it go.


Savannah loved having the freedom to just roam and explore.  She's a cute little adventurer.
Savannah's favorite place to be was down at the pond.  Whether it was paddling around in the boat, or working on perfecting her fishing cast, if I needed to find her I knew she'd be down at the pond. 



Savannah is also my animal lover.  One morning Scott and the older 3 kids went for a horse back ride, and Savannah got to help brush down the horses at the end when the saddles came off.  She loved it so much.  There were a couple of groups that came up for a horse ride during the week while we were there, and each time, Savannah got to help Bryan (the owner) brush down the horses when the saddles came off.  Towards the end of the week, he even trusted her to lead them around and take their ropes off.  She was in heaven. 


No comments: