Monday, August 19, 2013

Horses

One of our favorite things about the cabin in Banks, is the horses. Our vacation wouldn't be complete without a horse ride. Owen wanted nothing to do with the horses.






Aaron and Nate were sad they weren't big enough to go on the long ride, but they got to ride around in the corral, and that was pretty fun.  As Aaron was mounting his horse, Bryan told him to put his foot in the stirrup, then step up into it.  Aaron replied, "But then I have to touch the horse".  It was so Aaron, I just had to laugh.

 

 

 

  




The older three kids and Scott went on a longer ride (about 3 hours).  Scott took some great pictures for me on their ride.

















I wish I could have gone, but someone had to stay back with the little kids.  Scott offered to stay and let me go, but I knew it would mean more to the kids to have their dad with them.  When they are grown, they will remember that I was always around because I was a stay at home mom.  Because Scott works so much, I have to work a little harder to create memories for the kids of their dad. I try to let Scott be the one who does the special things with them, so when they are grown, they will remember that their dad did things with them, too.

So, the three boys passed the time by watching a movie, and Kate slept.

And as soon as we saw our brave horse back riders ride up, we headed out to meet them.

Josh immediately took off to go fishing, but the girl stuck around and enjoyed getting to brush out the horses when the saddles came off.

No comments: