Monday, June 06, 2016

Week Two

February 26th

February 27th

February 28th




February 29th

March 1st.  Scott went back to work full time the day before, so Owen stepped up to fill the role of helper.

 

March 3rd









As we wrapped up two weeks, I took Gabe to the doctor for his 2 week check up.  Gabe was 8lbs 10oz at birth.  He left the hospital at 2 days old weighing 7 lbs 14oz.  He should have regained his birth weight by 2 weeks old.  But he weighed in at just 8lbs 1oz.  He had gained only 3 ounces in 2 weeks.  My pediatrician said, "I'm a huge fan of nursing - when it works.  But I'm a bigger fan of babies getting the nutrition they need."  Then he gave me a free case of formula and said to come back in a week for a weight check.  He told me if I wanted to keep nursing, to keep it short (no longer than 10 minutes) and only do it a few times a day, and really focus on getting him nutrition through a bottle.  That was the day that I felt like I had officially flunked nursing. 

No comments: