Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Fishing and Sonic

Scott spent 4 days in Alaska this week.  He was scheduled to come home Saturday night.  So when he walked in Saturday morning, it surprised us all.  He had changed his flight to catch the red eye, and had flown through the night to come home to us.  We took advantage of having him home, and tried to pack as much fun into our Saturday as we could.

I took the girls out shopping for shoes and a few last minute school supplies.  I treated them to lunch at Subway on our way home. 


Once I got home, Scott headed out with Josh and Owen to go fishing.  Josh has been waiting and waiting for his dad to have time to take him fishing, so this was a big deal.  Josh decided to let Owen tag along with them.











Fishing lasted long into the evening, so I went by myself to the adult session of Stake Conference.  Scott got home with the boys just a few minutes before I got home from conference.  Kate was ready for bed, and Savannah was tired, so we left Savannah home to put Kate to bed, and headed out with our 5 middle kids for some ice cream.

We went to Sonic and enjoyed onion rings, tater tots, and half price slushies and milkshakes.  I think Sonic is our kids' new favorite restaurant. 









No comments: