Wednesday, September 07, 2011

This Weekend

My grandma passed away early yesterday morning. The funeral is going to be this Saturday. So the new weekend plan is for Scott to go to Sun Valley tomorrow morning (Thursday). Then on Friday after the kids get out of school, I'll drive with the 6 of them to Aberdeen. I'm hoping the drive will be uneventful, as I will be on my own. Scott is still debating whether he should drive over for the funeral on Saturday, or if he should just stay in Sun Valley. I've told him he doesn't need to come, but I think he feels guilty about leaving me alone for all of this. Then the kids and I will come home on Sunday morning (which is also when Scott would be coming home from Sun Valley). Josh will miss his first football game, but he understands that this is more important. And Sara will spend her birthday at a funeral, but we'll try to make it up to her later.

I'm just hoping that I'll start feeling better soon. I have been sick for a month now with a horrible cough/cold. It just seems to be getting worse instead of better. Scott made me go to the doctor today to make sure it wasn't turning into pneumonia. I didn't want to go, but decided it was best to make sure it wasn't something serious before I take on this weekend. They did a chest x-ray, and decided my lungs looked clear, but did prescribe medications that will help clear the inflammation in my chest that is making it difficult to breath, help calm my cough, and help with my plugged up sinuses. I'm hoping that all those pills get me feeling better soon.

I have come to grips with the fact that I'm going to have to miss Governor's Cup, but I'm still jealous that Scott gets to go and have a great time while I'm left alone with the kids. Such is the life of a Mother.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

Karen - I am so sorry :( I hope you get feeling better emotionally and physically. Tell your family I send my condolences.