Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Football

Josh had his first football games on Saturday. His team played their first game last Saturday (and won!), but we were in Eastern Idaho for my grandma's funeral, so we missed it. So, this Saturday was Josh's first game. We played a double header, one game at 1:00 and one at 3:00. Josh needed to be there at 12:15, so we went and spent most of our day at the football field (and all came home more than just a little tired and sunburned).



Sara got to spend her morning with Grandma Jo doing her "birthday shopping with Grandma". I love that Scott's mom does this. She takes each kid for their birthday out for some shopping and lunch. The kids look forward to this special time every year. Sara was especially excited to go shopping with Grandma. I was creating a list of things she needed that she and Grandma could look for (tights, socks, etc). Sara stopped me and asked, "Do I have to just get things that I need, or can I look for things I want". I told her she could look for things she wanted. She got excited and said, "Good! Cuz there is this bracelet at Old Navy....". And she did come home from shopping with all sorts of fun things (headbands, belts, bracelets, etc). Grandma Jo does a great job spoiling my kids.

After the morning of shopping, Scott's parents came with Sara to watch Josh's first game. Scott had volunteered to be the downskeeper for the game, so Scott's parents sat with me and the kids and helped keep the kids in line.






Josh's team won their first game! After the game, we said goodbye to Scott's parents, and just hung out for an hour till Josh's next game. This time Scott had to keep score, so he took Aaron over with him so I wouldn't have to keep track of as many kids. By this game, Owen was really tired, and finally fell asleep half-way through the game.





Josh's team won their second game (they are undefeated!). I love seeing how much Josh is loving playing football. He LOVES football. And he loves that he's on a real team and plays real games. I think Scott's loving getting involved, too--one of the joys of having a son. He takes Josh out in the backyard and throws the football with him and goes over the plays. It makes this mom very happy seeing her boys happy.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

Holy Cow that is a long time to watch football, but it sure sounds like fun.