Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nate's Preschool

Nate had his first day of preschool last Tuesday. Preschool? Aren't I the mom who hates school and hates having her kids away from her? Yes, I am. And even I still can't believe I've done this. But....Nate wanted to go to school so much. Through all of the kids' school shopping, Nate had to have school supplies too for "his school". When the kids headed off on their first day of school, Nate insisted that he needed to go to his school. He was so insistent on going to school, that I finally gave in and enrolled him in a preschool that is here in our neighborhood. And he absolutely loves it! He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30-12:00. He's pretty sure he should go every day, and has a hard time staying home on his off days. It's great for him to get to experience new things and meet new friends. With Aaron away at Kindergarten, and Owen too little to play with, Nate was just kind of lost. He's so used to having so many people around here to play with, he was just so lonely with all the kids away at school. And it's so nice that it's so close, within walking distance. Nate rides his bike over and I push Owen in the stroller. Then, after dropping off Nate, I continue to walk with Owen for an hour (I have to have something to fill my free time). It's great to finally get out and get some exercise. Then Owen and I come home and hang out for a bit before it's time to walk back over and get Nate. I'm getting a glimpse of what life will be like as these kids grow up and I have more free time for myself, and I'm not so sure I like it. But, it's worth it to see Nate so excited about his preschool.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

That is so cute:) Have you ever thought about home schooling your kids?