Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Scott's 35th Birthday

Scott's birthday was last Thursday. It was a crazy busy day, but we did find time to do a little bit of celebrating. He had to work all day. After school, Savannah had gymnastics from 4:15-5:15. From there, I took Josh to football at 5:30. Then I came home and got dinner ready (but stuck it in the fridge instead of the oven). Scott went straight from work to pick up Josh at football and they got back just minutes before 7. In the meantime, I'd had Claire come over to babysit the kids. As soon as Scott pulled up, Josh hopped out of the truck and I hopped in it, and Scott and I headed off to "Meet the Teacher" night at the kids' school. I left instructions for Claire to put dinner in the oven while we were gone, so it would be ready when we got home. We got back from teacher night just before 8:30, and that's when the celebrating began.

We had dinner, then went in the living room to open presents.


Scott got all his favorite treats--Whoppers (I love how he tried to fake surprise when he opened them--he gets them every single year), Dr. Pepper, and Baby Ruth candy bars. He also got some aftershave.







Then we headed into the kitchen for his birthday brownies and ice cream.


Happy Birthday Scott! We love you!

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

Can you believe we are 35 too? It's a bit surreal.