Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nate's 3rd Birthday Party

I always find myself updating on activities that happened a week before. One of these days I'll be on the ball and get around to updating sooner. Today is not one of those days.

Last Friday our little Nate turned three. For his birthday, I took all 6 kids to lunch at Burger King (Scott was off golfing for "work"). They had chicken nuggets and milkshakes and played on the playplace for a good couple of hours. Then we came home and had about an hour to rest before Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen arrived. My parents were babysitting Linda's kids, so they brought with them 4 cousins to play with all weekend.

The Spiderman bounce house arrived shortly after that. All Nate could talk about in the days leading up to his birthday, was about the Spiderman bouncehouse that he was going to get for his birthday. He was bursting with excitement when they came to set it up. The kids all had a great time playing in the bouncehouse for the rest of the day (we had it from 3:30-10:00).



Aaron and Nate were actually more into playing in the sandbox than they were into bouncing in the bouncehouse.




Owen played on Grandma's lap.




The older kids had a great time trying to use their weight to try and knock over the bouncehouse (they didn't succeed).





We had pizza for dinner (Nate's request). We came in the house for presents. Nate got a new suit, a motorcycle, Mater and Finn McMissile cars, sidewalk chalk, a book, a candy necklace, sweedish fish, and a swimming floatie.











Owen, crawling around happily while Nate opens presents...





Cake and ice cream....







Nate headed out front to try out his new motorcycle. Aaron really loved Nate's new Mater car, and tried to convince Nate to let him have it. Nate was very kind to share with his big brother.



Savannah gave Nate a drink of pop. I love his face when he drank it He pulled away and said, "It's spicy!" (and then went back for another drink).



I asked Nate to give me his very best three year old smile. This is what I got...

I tried again. I said, "No, your best smile". This is what I got the second time.

This time I said, "Ok then, give me a laugh". This is what I got. Well, I tried.

It was a great birthday--all the kids wore themselves out with all their playing. I can't believe Nate is three. My kids are growing up too fast.

No comments: