Sunday, August 14, 2011

Doctor Check-Ups

On Wednesday Owen had his 9 month check and Nate had his 3 year check. Scott had to be in Seattle that day, so he couldn't watch the other kids, so I took all 6 of them with me. They didn't behave so great. But, I'm happy to report that both boys are very healthy and growing great.

Owen weighs 24 pounds 2 ounces and is 30 3/4 inches long. He is the 90th percentile weight, 95th percentile for length, and completely off the charts with his head. He is our biggest baby yet. In comparison, Savannah (who was our smallest at that age) was only 17 pounds at 9 months and didn't reach 24 pounds till she was 18 months--twice his age. He's a big kid, but oh so cute!

Nathan weighs 38 pounds and is 39 inches tall. He is 85th percentile height and 95th percentile for weight. I think that he didn't stand as tall as he could have when they measured him, because I'm pretty sure he should be higher than 85% on his height.

The boys' pediatrician told me to take advantage of their height, enroll them in basketball, and hope they get their college paid for. I think that's a great plan.

No comments: