Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to Routines

Last week gymnastics and football started. Aaron and Nate are in a class together on Monday evenings, Owen and I are doing a Mommy and Me class on Thursday mornings, and Savannah and Sara are in back-to-back classes on Thursday afternoon. Josh decided to give up gymnastics and move on to flag football. His practices are during Sara's gymnastics class, so it gets a little tricky getting everyone where they need to be, but I think we'll be able to make it work.

On Saturday, we had a crazy busy day. We started the day with a ward picnic at a local park. We left that early to go to Josh's tailgate party to kick off his season of flag football. It was really fun. We had lunch with his team and their families, then we watched the pep rally. They had BSU cheerleaders, marching band, and pep squad there to entertain us. And Josh got to run through a tunnel with his team out onto the field. It was such a fun event, and it got us all excited for this season of football. From there, Scott and I split up--he headed to his parent's house with Josh, Sara, Aaron, and Nate to install an outdoor faucet in their back yard, and I took Owen and Savannah to drop Savannah off at a birthday party. After I dropped her off, I planned to take Owen home to nap while I cleaned the house uninterrupted. Except, Owen didn't nap, so I only made partial progress on the house. After Scott got home, he hurried and mowed our lawn. Then we got Savannah home from the party, and got ready to host a fire pit get-together with our neighbors, the Masons. We had hot dogs and s'mores, then went in the house to enjoy the air conditioning and let the kids play while we visited. It was a fun evening, but a completely exhausting day.

I feel like last week was just preparing us for the real chaos that will hit now that school has started. Life just keeps getting busier every year (I guess that is what happens when you have 6 kids). I have really enjoyed our laid back schedule of summer and really hate for it to come to an end.

No comments: