Thursday, August 04, 2011

Cousin Camp

Last weekend was spent in Aberdeen. It was my Mom's annual "Cousin Camp". We headed up on Friday and came home on Monday. Shauna's kids couldn't make it, and Heather's kids only came for half of it, so it was a smaller group this year. But, our kids had a blast and didn't want to leave to come home. While the kids were doing cousin things, Scott, Owen, and I spent most of our time in Blackfoot helping to clean Linda's apartment (she's having a rough time right now). We completely wore ourselves out, and didn't get finished till late in the day on Monday. So, we didn't end up leaving Aberdeen to come home till 10 that night. It made for a very late night drive. We got home at 2, and then had to bring in everything and get the kids settled down in their beds. It was almost 4 am before Scott and I got to bed. I'm still trying to get caught back up on sleep.

This weekend is going to be a big one. Tomorrow is Nate's 3rd birthday and Saturday is Josh's baptism. Tonight Scott took Josh to buy his suit. Josh came home and tried it on for me. I cried. All I could think about as I looked at him, was how quickly he had grown up, and how quickly he was going to continue growing. I couldn't help but think about him putting on a suit in 11 years to head off on a mission. My little boy is growing up.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

We never seem to be in Aberdeen at the same time. I was there this last Sunday :) Did you see Beth's twins? She said Denver saw you.

Cousin Camp how fun!