Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Mother's Day

I try not to complain about my job as a mom for two reasons. 1-Most of the time I honestly enjoy it. 2-I know there are a lot of people who disagree with our decision to have 8 kids, and I don't want to add any fuel to their "I told you so" argument. But let's be real, being a mom is a really hard job! I have 8 kids and it's hard! I feel pressure to have perfect kids, have a perfect looking house, lose the baby weight, smile, be social, keep up with the laundry, keep my yard immaculate - and all on very little sleep because I have a newborn.

So, when Mother's Day comes around, I love that I get showered with gifts and pampered.  It's one of the few times that I get to hear "thank you".  I get to feel like my tireless efforts are recognized and appreciated.  (And I get to sit down for a picture with all my kids.)


The kids all had made gifts at school or at church.
















Scott made a delicious dinner, then we drove over to our new neighborhood and visited the lot.  I needed to come feel the peace of this place to help me deal with the chaos of trying to sell our house.  I hope it will all be worth it in the end.


No comments: