Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Mother's Day Getaway

Scott outdid himself with his Mother's Day gift this year.  This is what he gave me.


I have to say, the idea of this scared me to death.  I don't do well on my own.  And the idea of leaving all of my kids for Scott to take care of was very nerve wracking.  Not that I didn't think Scott could handle it, but the idea of me not doing it made me nervous.  I wouldn't know what to do with myself without anyone to take care of or any cleaning to do.  But, Scott assured me that I'd have a great time and told me not to worry.

We had a showing scheduled for Thursday afternoon, so I spent my morning cleaning the house so it would be spotless.  Scott came home around 2, and he headed out with Owen, Kate and Gabe to go to Owen's gymnastics class while I headed downtown to start my vacation.  I couldn't check in to the hotel till 3, so my first stop was for lunch at Whole Foods, where I did a build your own salad.

After lunch, I checked into my hotel.  My room had a beautiful view of the mountains.  I hung out in my room for a bit, then strapped on my running shoes and headed out for some exercise.  I usually have to work my exercise around little bits of time where I can sneak away with or away from little kids, so having all the time I wanted was awesome.  I ended up doing 7 miles along the greenbelt.




 


By the time I got back to my hotel, I was pretty tired.  7 miles is a long way.  I was too tired to go get dinner, so I ate a protein bar that I'd brought from home, and kicked my feet up on the bed and watched tv.  Scott and the kids called to read scriptures with me around 9:30.  After scriptures I said goodnight to all the kids, and I went to sleep.  I slept pretty restless because I wasn't in my own bed, but I slept for a long time and woke up the next morning to the sun rise (instead of a crying baby).  I snapped a picture of the sun rise, then rolled over and went back to sleep for another couple hours.

I took my time getting ready that morning and watched some more tv, before I checked out of the hotel at 11.  I drove to Julia Davis Park and found a park bench to sit and read a book.




But the ducks and geese were getting a little feisty, so I put my book away and went for a 3 mile walk along the greenbelt.


Meanwhile back at home, Scott handled things like a champ.  We had another showing, so he took the kids to play and eat at McDonalds while the house showed.




After wandering around the greenbelt for an hour, it was time to head over to the spa for my pampering.  I had a massage, a facial, a manicure and a pedicure.  I was there for over 4 hours, and it was wonderful.

Getting away from everyone and having the time to myself was absolutely wonderful.  Coming home to them was even better.  But, it took being away to realize how much I loved being home.  Thank you Scott for knowing just what I needed.

No comments: