Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week One

Gabe came home on a Saturday, and Sunday (Feb. 21) morning nobody wanted to go to church and leave him.  It was so sweet to see them all huddled around him talking to him.



I stayed home with him (and Kate too, because she had a cold and couldn't go to nursery).


Monday morning (Feb. 22), Savannah begged to not have to go to school, but we made her go.  I sent her a few pictures throughout the day, so she wouldn't feel so bad about being away from Gabe.


Scott took the whole week off work, so I was able to spend my days sitting around feeding and holding Gabe.  My parents stayed till Wednesday, so they were also here to help with kids.






Tuesday, the 23rd, was my birthday.  I'll do a separate post about my birthday festivities, and just stick to Gabe in this post. 






 

When we brought Gabe home from the hospital, I felt like I was nursing him constantly, but he was always hungry.  I know I never make enough milk for my babies, so I'm always worried about them getting enough.  After a few days home from the hospital, Gabe had only had one wet diaper, so I knew it was time to break out the formula.  Still, I tried to not do too many bottles, and tried to nurse him as much as I could.  





Wednesday, February 24th.




Thursday, February 25th.  One week old.  By now we were settling into having a newborn around.  Gabe was happy as long as someone was always holding him.  That wasn't a problem during the day because everyone wanted to hold him.  But when night came, everyone else wanted to sleep, so I spent my nights holding him all night long and only lightly sleeping myself.  It was hard.  I had recovered completely from delivery, but the lack of sleep quickly started to wear me down. 

Gabe's one week birthday was also his first outing.  My parents had gone home, Scott had to go back to work for the afternoon for an important meeting, and Owen needed to go to Speech (he goes twice a week for half an hour each time).  So I strapped Gabe in his car seat and ventured out with him, Kate, and Owen to go to Speech.  It wasn't so bad, Gabe slept the whole time.














No comments: