Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Newborn Photos

The more kids I have, the more I realize how important good photos are.  I wanted to make sure to get good newborn photos of Gabe.  I had already bought the photos that were taken in the hospital, but I wanted more.  I asked a friend who had just had a baby who she had used, and she gave me her photographer's name.  Scott and I went together on a Saturday (when Gabe was 9 days old) and spent 4 hours in her studio getting perfect pictures of Gabe.  She was so patient, she was really wonderful.  Gabe didn't want to sleep and relax without one of us holding him, so we had to swaddle him really tight in his swaddling pictures, and have lots of patience to wait for him to relax into sleep when he wasn't swaddled.  We also had a heater blowing hot air on him so he'd be ok being naked (it was probably 80 degrees in the room).  I love that she knew all the tricks to getting a baby to be happy for pictures. I love the way his pictures turned out!


















This photo took forever to get.  We'd get him all calm and settled, then slowly take our hands away and he would startle awake.  It took probably half an hour to finally get him asleep enough to get him to stay this way.  It makes me love this one even more, knowing how much work went into it.







(This one was for Scott)



No comments: