Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Speech Homework

The past couple weeks Owen has been working on the "k" sound in speech therapy.  He is really struggling to get it down.  In an effort to strengthen the back of his tongue muscles to make it easier to form the "k" sound, his teacher told me to have him drink thick liquids through a straw (pudding, thick milkshakes, etc).  So, after therapy that day, we went straight to Wendy's and got chicken nuggets, french fries, and frosties.  We took the food to a park and ate and played.  I made Owen drink the frosty through a straw (which is hard work!).  Kate quite enjoyed Owen's homework.













As we came home from the park on this day, I was getting the kids out of the van, and I thought to myself, "I love this".  I'm having a blast spending my days with these two little ones.  I've calmed a lot in my later parenting years.  I had my first kids so close together, and I didn't really know what I was doing, and I was just always stressed about things.  I'm a much calmer parent to my later kids.  I have perspective on what really matters and on how quickly these years go by.  I really truly love these days as a mom. 

No comments: