Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Next Day...

Ok, so with a little bit of sleep behind me (and when I say little, I mean little--Owen was up a LOT in the night), I'm not quite as irritated by the hair today. And I've come to these conclusions:

--I may have been a little tired and a LOT emotional when I reacted yesterday.
--I still think an apology was in order, but know that I will never get one because of stubbornness.
--I still think that proper etiquette requires a person to ask permission before giving haircuts to minors.

but...

--I realize that there are worse things a person can do than shaving off a little boy's hair.
--Even though I am still mad about the haircut, I am extremely grateful for the 5 days of babysitting that allowed me to go on an amazing vacation.
--Let's be real, I have 6 kids-I'm never going to have the "perfect" family picture.
and
--Nate is still the most handsome 3 year old around, no matter how much hair he has on top of his head.

So, instead of totally cancelling pictures, I've postponed them till Saturday (I can't do them any later, because then Scott is off to Alaska again). That way I have 4 more days to come to grips with Nate's haircut and not be quite so angry by the time we have them taken. Now if only there was some magical potion that I could put on Nate's hair to make it grow.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

I agree proper etiquette does dictate permission before cutting people's hair :) I bet you pictures will still turn out great!