Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Floriday Day 5

This was our last day there. I wasn't ready to go home yet--I wanted just one more day. But, since we HAD to go home, I made Scott get up super early so we could enjoy what little time we had left.

We had heard that the best time to look for shells was first thing in the morning as the tide was going out. So, we put on our swimsuits and headed down to the beach. But, we didn't have the beautiful 80 degree weather we'd had the day before. This day was COLD. When I say cold, I should clarify that it wasn't "Idaho cold", but it was "Florida cold" at 67 degrees and windy. We had planned on swimming again in the ocean, but decided to keep our shirts on and only dip our feet in the water so we wouldn't freeze.



I love the following pictures. I was trying to get Scott to pose in front of the waves. Notice the picture where the wave is sneaking up on him (I saw it and didn't warn him), and then notice him running from it. I love it!






When we'd found enough shells to take back to the kids, we left the cold beach and went to the heated swimming pool.



There are 15 different swimming pools on the resort (the resort is 2 miles long), and we'd been to a smaller pool, but we wanted to check out the main pool. It overlooks the ocean. We swam for a little bit in the pool, then headed over to the hot tub because it was just so cold outside. Then we headed back to our room. We showered and got dressed, then packed everything up and checked out.

We still had a couple of hours till our flight, so we decided to window shop at the outlet malls that were on the way back to the airport. When we'd wasted enough time, we headed to the airport, turned in our rental car, and caught our flight (at 5:30pm). We had a really short layover (45 minutes) in Minneapolis, then it was home to Boise. Our flight got in at 11:30 and we arrived home just after midnight. And may I just say, I WAS TIRED. I'd gotten up at 7:30 that morning and midnight here was 2 am Florida time--that's a long day. But, just to make me even more tired, I had to unpack and get laundry started (or I'd never get through it all the next day). I finally crawled into bed at 2am (4am Florida time).

It was a great vacation.

No comments: