Saturday, November 05, 2011

Florida Day 3

This was a day of no pictures because it was a day of staying indoors all day long. A tropical storm moved through, and it rained the entire day. Scott had to get up and go to meetings early (at 8, which was 6am Idaho time), so I slept in. After I got up, I put my swimsuit on and headed over to the pool, hoping to get some sun (I wanted to come back tan). But, 20 minutes into laying out, it started to rain on me, so I went back to the room. Scott didn't get out of meetings till 3:30, and the rain got progressively worse through the day, so I just camped out on the couch with a blanket and relaxed and watched TV (something I never do at home).

After Scott got home from meetings, he joined me relaxing till it was time for dinner. We were supposed to be having a luau on the beach, but the rain forced us indoors. We didn't have an umbrella, so I used a newspaper to keep myself dry (didn't work so well), and we made our way in the rain to the ballroom where they had moved our dinner. Once again, I ate way too much food. After dinner, we checked out the candy store that was right by where we had dinner. They had walls of candy--every child's (or adult's) dream. We stocked up on candy, then went back to our room to watch TV and snack on candy. It was a great lazy day.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

Sounds like heaven :) Those are my favorite kinds of days--even the rain!