Tuesday, November 15, 2011

More Aaron Stories

Aaron says the best things. Here are some examples:

When we called home from Florida toward the end of our trip, we told Aaron we had bought him some souvenirs. He yelled to anyone who would listen on his end of things, "Mom and Dad bought me a scuba-nir!" Then, back to us on the phone, "What's a scuba-nir? Is it something I wear down in the water?"

Last week Aaron was sitting with Nate in the chair watching TV. As I walked through the room, he asked me, "Mom, do you know who my best friend is?" I guessed Nate. Nope. I guessed me. Nope. I started guessing kids from his Kindergarten class--Wheaton, Crew, Carter. Nope, nope, and nope. Finally I said, "I give up Aaron, who is it?". "Rebecca Price. Not Rebecca Jean Fulbert--remember she punched me in the eye. The other Rebecca. Rebecca Price. She's my BFF!" Then, thinking that maybe that would hurt my feelings, he added, "But you are my BBFFBB...B! And she is just my BFF." Love that kid.

Last Thursday I noticed that Aaron once again had a chunk of hair cut off the top of his head. I thought he had learned his lesson the last time he did that. I said, "Aaron! You cut your hair again! Why would you do that?". "It wasn't me," he replied. "It was Rebbecca Price. I told her my mom wouldn't want her to, but she cut it anyway. So now she's not my friend anymore." Well, that romance was short lived.

Today in the car, out of the blue Aaron says, "I can't wait till I'm a teenager." I asked him why. "Just cuz I'll be bigger then." And then he breaks into song and sings, "And then I'll be able to get my own chocolate milk, and I'll be able to turn on my own bath, and I'll be able to reach things, and I'll get to help put up our tent with a grown-up, WHEN I'M A TEENAGER!!!" (Keep in mind, that was all in song.) I'm just glad he didn't include getting to date and drive. I'm in no hurry for those things.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

I love it :) Kids are the best!