Thursday, October 27, 2016

Our Last Week

Our last week in our house on Lost Canyon was a busy one.  I spent my time going back and forth between homes - unpacking at the rental and cleaning at our house.  We were all exhausted.



Things in the rental were chaotic and cluttered.  We thought it would be a great house for us, but as we filled it with our stuff, we realized that we were going to be quite squished here.

One day Jo came over for a few hours and organized while Gabe napped, while I took the kids to the dollar theater to see Jungle Book.  We needed a break from moving, we needed to just go have fun for a couple of hours.  Kate slept through most of the movie.


Slowly the kids started to be more comfortable with the idea of living in the rental.  One day I looked out the window to see the boys playing in the back yard (building things out of the moving boxes), and it made my heart happy.  Honestly, there wasn't a lot of happy for me in that last week.  My heart was literally breaking at having to leave our home.  Leaving that home was one of the hardest things I've ever done.


Our last night with our home was July 28th.  We got take out from the Burger Den and ate on the bare floor of our kitchen.  And we had one final fire pit.






 

We stayed till 2 in the morning, gathering up the last remaining things and playing in our backyard.  It's been an amazing 11 years there.

No comments: