Thursday, October 27, 2016

July Fun

July was a fun month.  We spent so much time packing up our house in preparation for our move, but we made sure we balanced that out with some fun activities.

I snuck away with Aaron for some shoe shopping and a special lunch just him and me.

When we accepted the offer on our house, I told the kids to all make bucket lists of what they wanted to do the last month in our house.  This was Nate's bucket list.  Stay up till 2 am playing night games.  Check!



Swimming at our lot pool.




Shakes at Sonic. (Missing Savannah, who was in Hell's Canyon)



We found a rental house!  Hooray, we won't be homeless.  Seriously, this was such a blessing.  The rental market is pretty slim here, and I really worried about finding something that would fit our family.  We found this the same weekend we accepted the offer on our house.  It is smaller than our Lost Canyon house, but it is still in Eagle and fits us fairly well.


More swimming at the lot pool.







Kate wasn't happy about having to go home.

Kate went to the Dollar Store and bought pretty fingernails.  We frequented the Dollar Store quite often during the summer.  Whenever we would get sad about leaving our house, I'd load the kids up and take them to the Dollar Store to pick out a treat.



Delta Dental invited us to a movie at the Village Cinema.  They rented out a theater and paid for us to come to the premier of "Life of Pets".  They even gave us concession stand gift cards. (We left Gabe with a babysitter)






Owen lost another tooth.  Funny story.  We were driving, and I looked at him and said, "Did you loose a tooth?"  He said, "I don't know, I think so."  Turns out, he had two Lego's stuck together, and he tried to use his teeth to pry them apart.  The Lego's came apart, but his tooth came flying out with them.  Or so he thought.  But when he looked around, he couldn't find the tooth, so he wasn't sure if he'd really lost it.  I went home and searched the floor where he had been, with no luck in finding the tooth.  So we wrote a letter to the tooth fairy, explaining what had happened.  She still came.  We later found the tooth in the Lego box!




We had the Joneses over a lot.

We went out for ice cream a lot.


Bit by bit we moved things over to the rental, and I mourned the fact that I was leaving my house that I loved.






We got creative with summer haircuts.


More swimming at the lot pool.  This time with the Joneses and Sonic.




We started unpacking things at the rental house.  (Nate and Kate building with blocks while I unpack boxes.)

We took all the bed frames over to the rental, and had all the kids' mattresses on the floor of the bonus room the last week in our house.  It was like Christmas Eve in July.

More moving.  When we accepted the offer on our house, we had one month to pack up and be out.  I spent the first week in denial that we were actually leaving.  But then I went to work full force packing things up.  It helped that we found a rental right away, because we were able to slowly move things over there, instead of all at once.  Scott traveled a lot during the month, so most of the packing fell to me.  It's amazing how much stuff a family of 10 can own!


No comments: