Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Walks

I don't love having my five older kids gone all day for school.  But, one nice thing is that I've only got two kids at home, so they fit into the double stroller.  Every morning, after we get the older kids off to school, Owen and Kate come on a walk with me.  We usually make it 2 or 3 miles before they've had enough of the stroller.  And half way into it, Owen always insists we stop and visit the horses (and climb the tree).  The first few times I was slightly annoyed that my exercise was being interrupted. But now it's my favorite part of our walk. It's the perfect reminder that I don't always need to be rushing about. Sometimes you just have to stop and enjoy. Life is to be enjoyed!



 

  

We've never been a single stroller family. We've always needed a double. I'm convinced all my kids are better friends because they've grown up sitting next to each other in a stroller.  On our walks, Kate lays on Owen, Owen hugs Kate, they share sippy cups and toys, Owen consoles Kate when she gets upset, one will start laughing and the other will join them in hysterics.  They are best friends when they are sitting next to each other in this stroller.  And I really love that!

No comments: