Wednesday, September 03, 2014

A Second Chance

Because of our horrible day on Friday, I decided we need a "last day of summer vacation" do over.  Saturday morning, we went to our stake center, and watched the broadcast of the Meridian Temple groundbreaking.  We are all so excited to watch this temple be built and have it so close to us.  After the broadcast, we came home and had lunch.  Then I sent Scott with the 6 older kids to Roaring Springs.  I stayed home with Kate and we both napped.

Owen only likes the kiddie pool at Roaring Springs.  While they were there, it had to close for a bit (poop in the pool), so Owen had to try something new.  He discovered that he really liked the wave pool, as long as he stayed in the shallow part. 





Dad spoiled them and bought them ice cream.  Scott said Owen was shivering so bad, he couldn't stand still!  But he still ate the ice cream!


Nate's favorite trick for warming up when he gets cold.


You know they've had a good time, when it wears them out this much!!





Meanwhile, while they were swimming, Kate woke up and I decided to take her with me to do my grocery shopping.  Scott had taken the suburban, so we had to take the truck.  She always thinks she's so big when she gets to ride in the truck.


We pulled into Walmart, and I reached down to get my purse, then realized my purse was in the suburban!  So we turned the truck around and went right back home.  When Scott got home with the kids, he and I hurried and did our grocery shopping, then came back home and did a fire pit with the kids for dinner.



As I sat at the fire, and watched all 7 of my kids playing together in the grass of our backyard, I was overcome with happiness.  That is what makes all of the bad days worth it.  Seeing them laugh together and play together.  Seeing them happy all together.  It helped erase the frustrations of the day before.  Soon Kate was ready to go to bed, and it got dark out.  We put Kate to bed, sprayed ourselves with mosquito spray, and continued playing in the dark.  We played Murder in the Dark and I Have a Little Kitty.  The kids were laughing and having a blast.  It truly was the perfect way to end our summer.


No comments: