Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sod

Monday (Labor Day) brought another day of hard work.  I thought Saturday had been hard, but Monday was much harder.  We called around to 4 or 5 different sod places before we found one that was open and had sod we could pick up that day.  We borrowed our friend's trailer, and had to make two trips out to the sod farm to get all the sod we needed.  Owen loved seeing all the tractors.







We literally worked the whole day, just finishing as it was getting dark.  I worked till I could barely still stand.  It was more work than either Scott or I had anticipated, and it wasn't really anything the kids could help with (the rolls of sod were too heavy for them to lift). But, we got it done, and our yard looks so much better now.  I am ready for all traces of this construction to go away.  It has controlled our lives for a year now, and I am ready for things to be back to normal. 


No comments: