Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend trip to Aberdeen

The weekend after Halloween (the first weekend of November), we took a trip to Aberdeen.  We really haven't done much traveling since Kate was born.  It's a tight squeeze for all of us to fit into our suburban, and an even tighter squeeze to fit us all into my parent's house.  But, it was my Uncle George and Aunt Wanda's 60th wedding anniversary party, and I wanted to be there.  I love those two like grandparents.  We drove up Friday night.  On Saturday we went to the family get together (where Owen enjoyed 4 ice cream sundaes).

Then the kids enjoyed an afternoon of playing at Grandma's (complete with lots of snuggles for Kate).







Saturday evening, Scott and I went to visit Shauna in Idaho Falls.  Savannah and Aaron came with us, and the other kids stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa.  It was fun to visit with the Jonses, and we stayed way too late (we got back to my parents at 2 am).  The next morning (Sunday), we got packed up and left to go home by noon.  Scott needed to get on a plane to Alaska that evening, so we needed to get back fairly early in the day.  

We got home in time for me to do a couple of loads of laundry, and get Scott all packed up.  I drove him to the airport and he spent the week in Alaska while I held down the fort here.  Week three in Alaska, and the last for this year (we hope).

No comments: