Friday, November 15, 2013

Halloween

Halloween this year came with a bit of drama (of the female variety). Savannah and Sara had agonized for weeks over what they wanted to be. I took them to Target, and they found these cool masquerade masks.  They both wanted capes to go with their masks, and I told them there was no need to buy them (they were $30), that I would just make them.  Well, the night came, and I pulled out the "capes" - some old pink velvet curtains that used to hang in their room.  I planned on just pinning them around each girls' shoulders.  Apparently when I told the girls I would "make" capes, this wasn't what they had in mind.  The result?  Tears.  Lots of them. 

We all waited for them to pull themselves together and head out trick or treating, but the tears just kept flowing.  So, I gathered the boys together for a picture and sent them out trick or treating.




Just as the boys were leaving, Sara decided that the curtains would do, and she hurried to go out with the boys. 

Finally, Savannah decided to just tie a witches dress around her shoulders and go.  I drove her to catch up with the others, and I think it was all happy times after that.

Aaron showed up back home before everyone else.  I guess he ran the whole neighborhood, trying to get as much candy as he could in as short of a time as he could.  Oh I love this boy.  He enjoyed helping me hand out candy till the others came home.

And the girls posed for a picture for me after they got back from trick or treating.  Their dad thinks it's hilarious to photo bomb.  I took like 10 pictures, and each one Scott was doing something goofy in the background. 

No comments: