Monday, November 18, 2013

Foundation

With the excavating done, and the patio out, it was time for foundation.  Again, a day of tractors.  Little boy heaven.



And the whole area of where we pulled the patio out, looked like this.  So, while they were doing foundation work, another guy was doing repair on this part of our house.



With our patio gone, I needed some sort of makeshift deck/walk way to get the kids past the road mix (the sand sticks to shoes and then gets tracked all through my house).  So I used scrap wood from the wall we pulled out between the living room and kitchen, and built a sidewalk - for free.  Scott was on another business trip (2 days), so I was on my own for the construction of the sidewalk.

And then with the massive pile of left over scrap wood, the kids and I had a nonstop firepit for three days.


Reading with Aaron by firelight.

Today they are back to backfill the foundation and haul away the pile of dirt.  It is so exciting to see so much getting done, and scary too.  I'm really nervous for how it will all come together, and how we will survive living through it.

And it turns out little girls love tractors too.  Maggie was here with Owen, and they both were glued to the window.  Cutest little things!

No comments: