Monday, November 18, 2013

Owen's Birthday

My not so little Owen boy turned 3 years old on November 9th.  Where has the time gone?


This "little" guy came into the world at 9 pounds 2 ounces, and a full head of hair.  He's our only child that we didn't have a name picked out for before he was born.  I had a list of 5 names, and when I saw him, I knew he was meant to be an Owen.  My little Owen Henry.  He grew up way too fast, and is officially our tallest three year old yet (at 3, he's as tall as all the other kids were at age 4).  He is sweet and adventurous and so much fun.  I am so honored to be this boy's mother.

Grandma Jo and Grandpa Mike came to help celebrate Owen's birthday.  I made homemade pizzas for dinner.

Owen has had to sit through all of his siblings birthdays, over the past months, and has been waiting for it to be his turn.  Finally it was his turn to open presents.


We made the mistake of giving him his big present first - a new bike.  We had him close his eyes while Scott brought it out.

 

And after that, he didn't really care about the stack of wrapped presents, he just wanted to ride his bike.  He would open a present, then say, "I ride my bike now?"  So we'd let him take a spin around the living room, then make him open another present.

His next favorite present was a horn for his bike from Grandma and Grandpa Howell.  He opened it, gave the bulb a squeeze, and laughed and laughed about the noise it made.

 




The rest of his presents included candy from his brothers, a toy truck from Savannah, a stuffed animal from Sara, a Cars potty seat from us (hey, I've got to try!), and clothes from Grandma Jo.








And then it was cake and ice cream.  Owen picked his cake - pink cake with blue frosting.




Happy Birthday Owen!

No comments: