Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Savannah's Birthday

How is it that my little baby Savannah is now 12?

For her birthday, I picked her up from the bus stop to take her "shopping".  She couldn't decide on what she wanted for her birthday, so we decided I'd just take her clothes shopping and let her pick some cute things out.  Little did she know, I had other plans.  She has been begging to get her ears pierced, and has been relentlessly telling me how responsible she is and how she was old enough to get them pierced.  Scott and I decided she was ready.  So, I surprised her and took her to get her ears pierced instead of clothes shopping.  She was so excited!







After she got her ears pierced, we spent about an hour picking out cute earrings to buy for her.  It was fun girl time together.  Then we headed home for a dinner of crepes (made by Dad), and brownies and ice cream for dessert.





I really can't believe Savannah is 12 years old.  It has gone so quickly.  I remember those years of hoping and praying to have a baby, and she was such a blessing when she arrived.  I remember Scott's mission president's wife referring to her as "the rainbow after the storm".  She has continued to be an amazing blessing and is turning into such a wonderful young woman.  Which brings us to the next big step for her.....

Young Womens!  And because her birthday was on a Wednesday, she got to go to mutual on her birthday.  The Beehive leader here has a fun tradition of kidnapping the girls to take them to their first activity.  So, I told Savannah I needed to grab something at Albertsons before dropping her off at mutual, and had arranged for the kidnapping to occur in the store.  They blindfolded her, drove around a bit blasting fun music, then brought her to the church.  I'm so excited for all the great things she'll learn and the fun things she'll get to do as a young woman!


No comments: