Sunday, October 27, 2013

Father/Son Campout

Our ward usually holds their father/son campout in May.  But, the weekend of the planned campout, it snowed, so they called it off.  Our boys were so disappointed.  But in September, they planned a redo (it was the weekend of Scott's birthday).  They kept it close (just up in Emmett), so boys could get home early on Saturday morning for football games.  I packed up my boys and sent them on their way (all except Owen - Scott has a strict "no diapers" rule on these camping trips). 




But, as far as campouts go, this will not go down in the books as the greatest.  Nate got stung by a wasp. 

Scott took no pictures really, so I don't have much to show.  He took a picture of the sack their dinner came in, and a picture of a massive spider that the boys were fascinated with......


And at 11, he texted me this picture of Josh's pile of puke on the ground.  Josh wanted to stick it out, but when he kept throwing up nonstop, Scott decided Josh needed to come home.  I hopped in the suburban and met him half way between here and Emmett, and brought Josh home for the night.  

My favorite thing was something that Scott texted me.  Here it is in his own words:

"I'm in the outhouse with Nate pooping thinking how horrible this is, and he says 'I love father and sons!' ".

Even with everything that went wrong, my boys loved that their dad took the time to take them camping.

Meanwhile, while the boys were camping, the girls went out with the Moore girls for dinner and then ice cream. I'm pretty sure Owen had more fun with us girls, than he would have had with the boys.  Next year he'll get to go with the boys!




No comments: