Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Parent Teacher Conferences

While Scott was in Alaska, I went to parent/teacher conferences for all 5 kids.  I never worry too much about how my kids are doing in school.  They are all so talented and smart, and such great kids, that I know they always try their best.  This year, all their teachers had wonderful things to say about all of them.  One specific thing deserves mentioning, though.  As I sat down with Aaron's teacher, she showed me his MAP testing scores. 
My eyes instantly filled with tears and I started crying.  His teacher started crying with me.  She pointed out that those scores weren't percentages, they were percentiles.  Aaron is in the top 20th percentile!  I am amazed at how far this little boy has come.  He is reading, he is writing, he is doing math, and he is rocking all of it!

No comments: