Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Disney on Ice

Last year we took the kids to Disney on Ice and they loved it.  I got an email about it coming to town about a month ago, and I thought it would be fun to go again.  Scott was scheduled to get home the day before it, so I thought it would be a fun family activity to do to celebrate Scott being back home with us.  We always need some happy after he's gone for that long.

But then I priced the tickets.  They were $27 a person.  Times that by 8 people and that's a lot of money to spend on a couple of hours of entertainment.  So I decided we'd pass on it this year.

But the afternoon of the performance (Friday afternoon), I got an email for half price tickets for that night.  I decided for half price, it was worth it.  So I hurried and bought the tickets online, then told the kids about it (they were elated), and had everyone out the door on our way an hour and half later.

I'm so glad we decided to go.  There is just something so magical about anything Disney.  Owen kept saying, "This is awesome!" and the other kids couldn't stop thanking me for taking them.  Kate even came along and was a perfect little angel, mesmerized by the lights and music.  Owen did start to get tired and lose interest toward the end, but all in all the kids behaved wonderfully.  It's another memory for them to store in those little heads of theirs.




No comments: