Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Remodel

The day before Scott left for Alaska, we met with our builder and got the go ahead to start on our remodel project. He told us we could save money by doing most of the demo ourselves. So, we began tearing the stucco off the side of our house. Stucco is a huge pain to take off. It's cemented on to chicken wire that is stapled every few inches. The only way to get it off is to chip away at it a little bit at a time. It's very time consuming. Scott helped me get it started, and then left for Alaska for two weeks and left the project for me to finish by myself.
 

 


It took me a while, but I finally finished it.

So then I turned my efforts to the inside.  We are taking down the wall between the living room and kitchen, to provide an "open concept".  Thankfully, I had some good little helpers.  Owen kept reminding me that "we are good workers Mom!".




And once Scott got home, the demo really progressed, and that wall is now down to just studs.






It's crazy and exciting all in one.  I've spent so much time tearing my house apart, that there is barely time to do everything else (like laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc).  I have never felt so maxed out.  Between Scott's trip, making me a single mom for 2 weeks, all this demo, and taking care of a household of 9, I'm feeling the weight of it all.  I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments: