Thursday, September 05, 2013

Kate








This little girl is growing so fast!  She passed up 4 months a few weeks ago.  At her 4 month check she was 50th percentile weight and 75th percentile length.  She's tall and skinny.  She has mastered rolling (both directions).  She can cross a room in no time, just by rolling and squirming.  If she sees something she wants, she goes after it.  And sometimes she wears herself out doing that.  



She has discovered toys and loves to always have something in her hands (and then take it straight to her mouth).  She likes the exersaucer because it's full of toys, and she is upright so she can see everything going on around her. 











She also likes her Bumbo, because it allows her to sit up like a big girl (which also sometimes wears her out).


 

 
 

 



And the jumper - anything that puts her upright and helps her feel as big as the other kids around her.




And she loves to just be on the floor and roll around.  She loves that she can control where she goes.



Every now and then I can get her to suck on her pacifier.

But mostly she just loves to suck on her fist.

And sometimes her toes....(actually, a lot of time her toes).



It seems this little girl is always happy.

Four months also marked the end of nursing.  The week we were in Banks, she developed Thrush.  Without a doctor around, it quickly spread to me.  When we got back, we both went on medication, but we just couldn't beat it.  Once Thrush sets in, it is extremely hard to get rid of.  I fought Thrush for 6 months with Owen, and kept nursing thinking that it would get better soon, but it never did.  I decided I didn't want nursing to turn into a miserable experience for me with Kate.  So I made the difficult decision to end nursing.  I painted Kate's mouth purple with Gentian Violet, and without the constant passing back and forth between us, she and I both healed up.  I'm really sad that nursing is done, but it was a losing battle from the beginning.  Between trying to juggle 7 kids, dealing with milk supply issues, and then ending with Thrush, it was time to be done.

1 comment:

Big R said...

Mom you have three incredibly beautiful daughters--I am glad I won't be the Dad paying for their weddings!!