Friday, September 28, 2012

Scott's 36th Birthday

Hmmm, I don't seem to be doing a very good job at keeping up with things here.  Life just gets busier and busier.

The 15th was Scott's birthday.  The night before (knowing that his actual birthday was going to be a bit busy), we went to Aspen Leaf for birthday ice cream.  The next morning, Scott started out his birthday by taking Josh to his first football game.  The game was early, so I stayed home and let the other kids sleep in.  They lost, but Josh had fun.

After Scott got home from the game, I surprised him with taking him to buy new golf clubs (a set of irons).  He's still playing with his high school clubs, and with as much golf as he plays, I figured it was time he got some new ones.  He spent a couple of hours testing out different brands, before deciding on a custom made set of Callaways.  They actually just called today to say that the clubs are in.  I think this birthday present was a hit.
After golf club shopping, we hurried home and got everyone dressed up, then drove out to Nampa for family pictures with Scott's whole family.  I was more than a little nervous about how it would go--when you get that many people (i.e. kids) together in one picture, you never know what you are going to get.  But, the kids did really well, and I'm excited to see how the pictures turn out.

After pictures, we found the closest Red Robin for a proper birthday dinner.  The kids and I made sure our waitress knew it was Scott's birthday, and she completely embarrassed him with all of the wait staff singing him happy birthday.  By the time we got home, it was too late to do cake, so we had to just count Scott's birthday sundae at the restaurant as his birthday cake.

But, then over the weekend I started to feel really guilty, because I didn't have any pictures of Scott and the kids around a birthday cake.  So on Monday, I went a bought an ice cream cake, and that night we celebrated properly.

No comments: