Thursday, September 13, 2012

Cousin Camp

Over Labor Day weekend, my mom held "Cousin Camp".  It didn't start till Sunday evening, and ended Monday afternoon, so it was going to be a long drive for a short stay.  I convinced Scott to spare Owen the drive (since he isn't invited to cousin camp-no diapers).  And I volunteered to stay home with Owen and clean and organize the house (plus, I needed to be at our church to play the piano in Primary).  My husband is such a good man, that he agreed to my little plan.  The trip didn't start out so great. The little boys were sad that I wasn't coming with them, and Josh was being a grouch about having to sit where he was told. But, Scott told me that once they got on the road, they all behaved really well the whole drive.
Unfortunately, my plans to accomplish great things got derailed by Owen getting sick. He started running a really high fever and throwing up Sunday night. Monday I was able to control his fever with Tylenol, but by that night even Tylenol wasn't bringing it down (it was 105 with Tylenol). Scott got home as I was cleaning Owen up from his third round of throwing up. We put the other kids to bed (they had a great time and were totally worn out), and Scott went to the store for some Ibuprofen. We gave Owen that and stripped him down to his diaper to try and get him cooled off. We were able to get the fever down to 103, and let him sleep with us that night. And by morning he was fine. I'm just really glad I stayed home with Owen, it would not have been fun to deal with him being sick while traveling.

No comments: