Friday, September 28, 2012

Alaska Time (and Sun Valley and Florida, too)

It's that time of year again, when I feel like I'm a single mom with all of Scott's traveling.

Right now he's on his way home from Sun Valley.  He's been there since Wednesday.  We get him home for about 12 hours before he boards a plane in the morning for Florida.  He gets to go to a "once in a lifetime golfing event" (his words).  He'll be in Florida Saturday-Monday.  Then we get him home for one full day--Tuesday, which is Savannah's birthday.  Then he leaves Wednesday morning for 9 days in Alaska.  Then we get him home for 3 days (during which is Sara's baptism), then he spends 5 more days in Alaska.

My wonderful visiting teacher brought me dinner last night.  She knew Scott was gone, and knew I had a super busy day, so she brought pizza, french bread, a salad (for me), and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.  I babysat Lincoln from noon to 3:15, then hopped in the car to go pick up Savannah at school.  I got her at 3:45, and drove to her 4:15 gymnastics class.  I pulled into the neighborhood as the other kids were getting off the bus at 4:30.  I helped Aaron with his homework for half an hour, then took Sara and Aaron to their 5:15 gymnastics class (and picked up Savannah).  Then it was back home for half an hour, then back to pick up Sara and Aaron at 6:15.  When we got home at 6:30, dinner was waiting for us.  We ate quickly, then I headed out the door with Josh and Owen just before 7 to go to Pack Meeting.  (Savannah volunteered to babysit everyone except Owen).  What a wonderful thing to not have to worry about cooking in all of that craziness.  I truly appreciated that kind act of service.

No comments: