Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Savannah's Birthday Party

Last Thursday was Savannah's friend birthday party. Savannah has a lot of friends, and she thinks that all of them are her best friends. So, her list of invites was quite lengthy. She invited 18 girls, but luckily only 15 could make it. Add Savannah and Sara to the mix, and it made for a very full house. Scott took the day off work, and took the boys upstairs during the party. After the party was over and everyone had left, Josh said, "There was a lot of screaming during the party". Yes, Josh, there certainly was.

We made pizzas for lunch. Savannah wanted to do individual pizzas like we did for Sara's party. Sara had only three friends here for her party, and it still seemed like a lot of little pizzas, so I didn't want to attempt 17 individual pizzas. So we made 4 big ones and the girls split up into teams to top the pizzas. I was too busy trying to keep my kitchen from being destroyed to think about taking pictures during the pizza making. But, the pizzas turned out yummy and all the girls seemed to have fun making them.

After eating pizza, we moved into the living room to open presents. While the girls were in opening presents, I hurried and cleaned up the kitchen, then joined them for the present opening (and remembered to take pictures). Savannah got a lot of fun presents--she has some great friends.








After opening presents, we went back into the kitchen to make our craft. We decorated the cover of notebooks with scrapbook paper and mod podge. The books turned out cute, but it was pure chaos trying to have all the girls make them at once. During the book making, Scott put candles in the cake and led the girls in a round of "Happy Birthday" and then served the cake. I was too busy trying to get the notebooks done to even think about taking pictures (again). When I downloaded the pictures off the camera, I was surprised to find that Scott had taken some for me. He doesn't use the camera much (I'm always the one taking pictures), so it wasn't on the right setting and the pictures turned out a bit blurry, but at least I have some pictures. Thanks Scott! (Notice the notebooks on the counter standing on end to dry.)


So, we all survived the party, and I know Savannah had a great time. I love getting to do special things for my kids--it doesn't get to happen very often. Afterward, Savannah told me it was her favorite birthday party ever. She says that every year, and every year I love hearing her say it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have invited me to the party. I'd have fucked each and every one of those little girls.