Friday, October 21, 2011

Day at the Zoo

After our crazy Thursday, we needed a fun day. So, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous Fall day, and we had a great time there.

I was downloading these pictures off my camera last night, and realized that Sara was wearing two different flip flops that day. I laughed to myself that I didn't even notice till a week after the fact.

And then I got to these pictures and realized that Aaron and Nate were also wearing mis-matched flip flops. I don't think I'll be winning any "Mother of the Year" awards any time soon.



Savannah was very thoughtful and brought some of her money to put in the food machines at the petting zoo. I told her I could bring some money, but she wanted to do something nice for her brothers and sister and use her own money on them. It was very sweet.











Owen was rather unimpressed with the hungry goats. He preferred to just chew on his stroller.



After a couple hours at the zoo, we were ready to head home. We stopped at a new frozen yogurt place here in Eagle to get a treat. The kids loved it because they were able to choose their favorite flavor of frozen yogurt and then pile on their choice of toppings. They decided we should go there every day. I told them they'd have to settle for maybe once a month (it's a pretty spendy place). After ice cream, we stopped off at Papa Murphy's and picked up pizzas to bring home and bake for dinner.

It was a great day. But we sure missed Dad through it all.

No comments: