Friday, October 21, 2011

Football

Last Saturday was Joshua's last flag football game. His team won again--ending the season with only one loss. Josh came very close to getting a touch down. He got the ball at one end of the field and ran clear down to the other side of the field toward his end zone. He was almost to the goal line when a kid caught up to him and pulled his flag. He was so close! It didn't matter to Josh that he didn't actually make a touchdown--he was just so excited to get such a great run in.




Savannah was the score keeper. Scott had volunteered for that job at the beginning of the season, and Savannah was more than excited to fill in for her dad. (Don't let her seriousness in the pictures fool you, she really loved getting to keep score.)



Sara and Owen were fairly good during the game.





Nate and Aaron were not good during the game. Scott's mom came to see the game. I don't think she was a fan of Nate and Aaron's antics. Neither was I.


After the game, I decided I'd had it with trying to be a single mom to 6 kids. This was day 8 of Scott being gone, and we still had 5 more to go. I took the kids home and put them all to bed. Owen had not been sleeping at nights--he woke up in the middle of the night every single night while Scott was gone (sometimes more than once), so I was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to get a nap. So, the kids and I spent the next three hours in our beds. When we all got up, I was a little less mad at them all.

We spent the rest of our afternoon/evening outside enjoying the weather. I had mowed the lawn on Thursday, but still had some tree pruning that needed to get done. I also took my and Sara's bikes in to the bike shop to get new tires (our bikes had very flat tires). I let Savannah be in charge while I took the bikes in and when I went back to pick them up (10 minutes each trip). We ended the night by staying up late waiting for Scott to call. He had warned me earlier in the day that he was scheduled pretty late into the evening and wouldn't be able to call till 9 our time (7 his time). He finally called at 10:30. Every night he was gone, we cherished those bedtime phone calls. It was just really nice to end our day talking to dad, so we stayed up late that night till he called.

No comments: