Friday, October 14, 2011

Aaron

Aaron came home from school on Monday and had the following conversation with me:

Aaron: "Mom, today in Kindergarten, we learned about Christopher Columbus. He lived a long time ago when there were only Indians alive. Not Christopher Robin, Christopher COLUMBUS. "
Me: "Yeah, cuz it's Columbus Day."
Aaron: "Oh, so did you know him?"
Me: "Nope."

Later.....I could tell Aaron had been thinking hard about this.

Aaron: "Mom, why isn't Christopher Columbus still alive?"
Me: "Because he'd be really, really old."
Aaron: "How old?"
Me: "Like 500 years old."
Aaron: "Oh. Will we live that long?"
Me: "No, we'll live to be like 100."
Aaron: "And will I live longer than you, because you're a grown up and I'm just a kid?"
Me: "Yep."
Aaron: Long pause...and then "But I don't want to live if I don't have you with me."

How sweet is that? I really love that kid.

Next story.
On Tuesday Aaron came home and this was our conversation:
Aaron: "Mom, I made a new friend today. Actually, they were already my friend. But now she sits across from me, so now she's my girlfriend. Her name is Rebecca Price."
Me: "Oh. Is that the same girl that punched you in the eye last week?"
Aaron: "No. That was Rebecca Jean Fulbert. This is Rebecca Price."
Me: "Oh. Is she cute?"
Aaron: "Well, she's a girl."
Me: "Ok. So is she pretty?"
Aaron: "Umm, I don't know. I'll have to look tomorrow."

I seriously love that kid.

1 comment:

Angela Cothran said...

Ha! I love it :) Kids say the best things. Thanks for sharing.