Wednesday, October 05, 2011

A Little Stressed

I've been a little stressed lately. I get this way every Fall. And that's because every Fall, Scott travels...a lot. Alaska is coming up, and I'm not handling it very well.

I know that those perpetual optimists out there would tell me to be thankful that my husband has a good job, that I have this beautiful house, and that I'm blessed with so many children. And I know. And I am very thankful for all of those things, I really am. But sometimes the pressure gets to me. I totally feel like I'm failing keeping up with the housework. I feel like I'm failing my kids trying to keep up with all their homework and activities. And I'm scared to death about how I'm going to handle it on my own for so long. I am really struggling to keep things together. It's really hard when so many people depend on you (and only you) to keep things running smoothly. You don't get the option of falling apart, or even taking a little break.

And so I'm stressed. And I'm grouchy. And I'm having a really hard time not being grouchy with Scott for leaving me alone for so long. Even though I know that makes absolutely no sense. He doesn't want to leave. In fact, he's stressed too trying to get everything ready to take for these enrollment meetings. And I know he worries about how we'll handle things here at home. I know he doesn't want to leave. But, on Saturday he is going to leave for Alaska, and I'm going to be left here at home with 6 kids, and it's really hard to not be just a little grouchy at him for leaving me.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry sweetie! I totally get it....cause I am a BEAR when Micah travels. I HATE going it alone...it's so hard and unless you've been ther, you just don't get it! I wish I were close so I could come help you out a little. HUGS!

Angela Cothran said...

Oh, I feel your pain :) Sometimes it helps to be thankful, but sometimes when you are drowning in laundry and homework (we never had that much!)you just need a break. My advice...get a babysitter and go to the movies :)