Thursday, June 04, 2015

Owen

A few weeks ago, Scott had to take a long day trip to Seattle.  Owen knew his dad flew on an airplane that morning, so he got it in his head that he would sleep with me in my big bed that night (he gets to do that when dad is away). Owen didn't know Scott was only away on a long day trip, so when Scott walked in the door as Owen was getting his pajamas on, Owen was devastated. He threw himself on his bed and wept. So I suggested we make out the couch in the piano room (sofa sleeper), and I could sleep with him on that. That worked. I spent half an hour snuggled up next to my four year old, staring into his chubby little face, laughing and talking, and then watching him succumb to sleep. It was one of those moments when I wanted to freeze time. I laid next to him, watching him sleep, before I finally snuck out of the room. I adore that little boy.

No comments: