Monday, March 16, 2015

Boise State Basketball

Scott had someone at work give him tickets to a Boise State Basketball game.  He got 10 tickets, so we could take our whole family, but we decided Kate and Owen might do better if we left them home.  We hired a babysitter (it's been a long time since we've had to actually hire a babysitter) to stay with Owen and Kate, and we let the older three kids invite a friend to come.  Sara's friend couldn't come, so we ended up with just Josh and Savannah's friends (so 9 of us in all). 

We had amazing tickets, right down by the court.  We got there just after the game started, and we made our way down through the crowd to our seats and sat down.  It was a packed house, and the noise level was pretty loud.  I looked over and saw Aaron sitting with his hands placed tightly over his ears, a look of panic on his face, and tears forming in his eyes.  I immediately knew that this noisy, crowded environment was too much for him, and knew I needed to find some earplugs fast.  I headed out of the gym, and found some badge wearing workers.  I explained to them that my son has sensory issues and the noise was too much for him, and asked if there was somewhere I could buy earplugs.  They told me if I went to customer relations, they would have some to give to me.  I breathed a huge sigh of relief, and returned with ear plugs for Aaron (and Nate, since he has sensitive ears too).  Those ear plugs saved the day for us.  Aaron was able to enjoy the game once he had the ear plugs secured in his ears.


Josh and Carter loved watching the game, Aaron and Sara and Nate loved the popcorn and lemonade, and Savannah and Olivia loved sharing themselves with social media.




Scott and Josh and Carter especially loved half time, when the entire Boise State Football team came out on the floor to be presented with the Fiesta Bowl trophy.  

Such a fun afternoon!

No comments: