Monday, March 16, 2015

39

I turned 39 on February 23rd.  It's hard getting old, but it is a lot easier when you have wonderful people who make the day fun.  Scott took the day off work, and we started the morning with Owen's gymnastics class.  From there we went to a title company to sign on a refinance for our house.  (We were able to convert to a 15 year loan and knock off 2 interest points.)  And then to make up for the boringness of signing on the refinance, Scott let Owen pick where we would go to lunch.  Owen picked (with some guidance from Scott) The Griddle. 




By the time we finished with lunch, it was way past Kate's nap time.  It didn't take long in the car till she was out.


I love this picture.  The love that these two have for each other is so special.





It also didn't take long for Owen to join his sister in her nap.



We dragged out the drive as long as we could, so these two could sleep, then Scott took me and them home, and he went to get Aaron from school for therapy. 

After therapy, Scott took Aaron with him to Cold Stone to pick out an ice cream cake for me.  Aaron was so excited that he got to pick it out.  My friend Kendi also brought me her famous chocolate cake (my favorite) for my birthday.  Scott cooked me a delicious dinner of halibut.  My parents arrived during dinner, and were here for cake and ice cream.





Next up were presents.  Aaron had worked really hard during the week to earn enough rocks to redeem them for prize box.  He used his prize box reward to pick out a bottle of nail polish to give to me.  It was so sweet.

I got a new  blow-dryer, some more lightening spray (to help me stay blonde), a sweet picture from Owen, a box made out of Popsicle sticks from Sara, and new ear buds for listening to music while I exercise.









And my favorite present, was a power point presentation on the computer that Sara made for me.  She went around to each of her siblings and asked them what they loved about me, then typed it all up and did a page for each kid with pictures of them and me through the years.  It was so sweet and totally made me cry.




No comments: