Monday, December 29, 2014

The Week Before Christmas

I did all my Christmas shopping over the Thanksgiving weekend, hoping I could then enjoy a peaceful December.  But, I still found myself trying to cram all my last minute to do's into the last week before Christmas.  Scott had to travel to Dallas for three days, and came home with exactly one week left till Christmas, which kind of stressed me out.  But, we managed to get it all done.

I signed up to help with Nate's school Christmas party.  25 goody bags (each with the exact amount and kind of candy), placed into a box and then wrapped 25 times.  At his party, each child got to unwrap the present once, and then take home a goody bag from inside.  It was A LOT of work!


When I took Owen and Kate with me to the store to buy the candy for the goody bags, Owen fell in love with a pack of hot wheels cars, and I had to buy them for him to get him out of the store.  Sometimes you have to resort to bribery to make your life easier.




Randy dropped by a fun Christmas package, with window clings for the boys, and cute Christmas aprons for the girls.  Kate loved hers, and loved it even more when she discovered it had pockets!




Owen continued to build forts.



We dipped pretzels in chocolate to take to friends and neighbors.  This year with Scott being Elder's Quorum president, he had lots of families that he needed added to the list.  We ended up with 35 families on our list!  That's a lot of pretzels to dip.




The girls dipped pretzels for hours, while the boys quickly lost interest and moved on to watching Christmas movies (clothing optional).

 


We were all happy when school let out for Christmas break (Friday the 19th).  We won't miss getting up at the break of dawn for two whole weeks!


But with school out, and having 7 kids home all day, it makes it difficult to convince Kate that she needs to take a nap in the afternoons.  The first day she skipped her nap, she ended up passed out on the couch at dinner time.





Kate entertained us all with her accessorizing.



I love these two!


We watched Christmas movies every single night before bed.  And even though I thought I had all my Christmas shopping done, I spent a lot of time out doing last minute shopping.  It turned out to be a crazy busy week, but a wonderful one as we all got ready for Christmas!

No comments: